Our Office Is Open.
Dear Valued Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. We are excited to announce that we will be open to take care of all your dental needs on June 1st. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same, and that is our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are designed so that when you receive care it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow to keep our patients and staff safe while at our practice.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. Please wear a face mask when you enter the office and keep it on until we start your dental treatment.
- We will also take your temperature with an infrared touchless thermometer. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options when scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at one time, so we are asking for only the patient to come to the appointment.
- We will increase our sanitizing procedures, focusing especially on all common touch areas.
- We have placed sneeze guards all around the front desk. We have also added several medical grade air purifiers to capture and kill airborne viruses and other microbes. In addition, the entire staff is required to wear additional personal protective equipment including face shields during all dental procedures.
- We will also do daily health screenings on all of our doctors and staff, including taking temperatures.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (408) 478-3113.
Thank you for patience and understanding during these uncertain times. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Khoury, Dr. Kolnes and the team at Montague Dental Excellence